Print Version    Email to Friend
When is a diplomat not meddling in internal affairs?

HONG KONG (SE): When a consul general to Hong Kong from the United States of America or Britain makes a comment about social or political issues in the special administrative region, they are usually told to butt out and stop interfering in the internal affairs of an independent territory.

However, it seems that it may vary, depending on what is said and who wants to hear it.

More from this section